The Maryland home of a retired real estate executive is now part of a flood relief effort in the Maryland suburbs.
A flood warning issued for Baltimore County this morning is expected to be lifted this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) said the home, which is owned by the former Maryland State Housing Authority director, will be demolished.
The home, called the “Diane Anne,” was built in 1968 to withstand flooding during a severe drought in Maryland.
A National Weather Services office tweeted the warning, which also includes flood warnings for the Maryland City area, Frederick County and the Baltimore suburbs.
The National Weather System has issued an “active flood watch” for Maryland for the next several days.
The alert is in effect for the entire state and is expected in place through Wednesday afternoon.
The weather service issued a flood warning for parts of Maryland from 10 p.m.
Saturday through 7 a.m., Sunday.
It was lifted after the evacuation of more than 1,000 residents and the evacuation center opened.
The flooding has left more than 40 structures damaged, according in the National Flood Insurance Program.
The storm surge has risen to more than 12 feet in parts of the region.
The flood warnings in the counties of Montgomery and Frederick were lifted late Friday afternoon.
Residents in Montgomery and Anne Arundel County are still in the dark about the status of their properties.
“We have to wait for the flood watch to clear before we can start to rebuild,” Montgomery County Mayor Jim Watson said Friday.
The “Maryland realty office” and “Marylanders realty team” had the structure demolished on Friday afternoon, said a statement on the MDNR website.
The MDNR said the house, built in 1966, is located in the 200 block of Rucker Drive.
It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two and a half baths, two fireplaces and three decks, the agency said.
The house is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The agency said the “Marylands realty offices” had been working to rebuild and restore the home and other properties damaged by the flood.
The property is owned “by Diane Anne D’Antonio, who was the Executive Director of the MDVA,” according to a statement from the MDNP.
The building was also listed on the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Commission’s historic tax records.
In a Facebook post on Friday, the “MDNP” said the property was not subject to a demolition permit, and had been in use as a real estate brokerage since 1971.
The company, the MDNSO, had been “pursuing all available legal avenues” to “secure the integrity and safe operation of the property,” the MDNOPA said.
“However, due to the nature of the condition of the structure, demolition is not feasible,” it added.
“Due to the lack of information provided by MDNS, the Agency is unable to determine the estimated amount of damage and the estimated number of days of damage.”
The National Flood Injury Compensation Program is also looking into the damages.
“The MDNP has issued a National Flood Hazard Statement for the property and will continue to review and coordinate the recovery of the damages,” the statement said.
In the last 24 hours, the National Forecasters issued a Flood Watch for the county of Baltimore and the surrounding area.
A severe weather advisory is also in effect from 10 a.g.
Saturday to 7 p.g., Monday through Thursday.
A flash flood warning has been issued for portions of the state.
The Storm Surge Advisory is in place for the Baltimore area from 10:30 a.k.
Saturday until 8 p.p.m.; and the Flood Hazard Advisory for the rest of the county from 10 to 5 p.y.
The Baltimore area was still under a mandatory evacuation order for the morning commute Friday afternoon and was expected to remain so for the afternoon commute.
The region was under a flood advisory for the whole day Saturday from 9 a.l. to 4 p.l., Sunday from 10, and from noon to 6 p.t.
Flood warnings will remain in effect through Saturday night.
A storm surge warning is also issued for the area from noon Friday through midnight Saturday.
The advisory includes a flood risk from a high water line that will extend out to 10 feet above flood stage, and flood risk for a low water line from 1-4 feet above water stage.
“This is a very challenging situation,” Maryland Governor Larry Hogan said in a statement Friday afternoon after the flood warnings were lifted.
“It’s going to be a long and difficult road to rebuild, and we’ll do everything we can to do so.”
The storm warning will remain for the following 24 hours.